Leave the bustle behind and explore the remote beauty of the Coromandel Peninsula with one of the region's greatest treasures, Damian. Born and raised on the Coromandel, he seems to mimic the region's landscapes. The tranquility and gentleness of the bush and the unpredictable nature of the ocean are mirrored in Damian's peaceful yet spontaneous personality. Hike to the giant Kauri Trees, learn the mystical uses of the native plants, lunch on a sandy white beach, soak at Hot Water Beach, meet the local artisans and fall in love with Damian's Coromandel.
- Damian will pick you up from your Whitianga, Tairua or Hahei accommodation after breakfast
- Travel over the famous 309 Road through thick native bush off the beaten track
- See waterfalls and giant Kauri trees
- Enjoy short, mild bush hiking
- Picnic lunch at a specially chosen spot for the day
- You will have the opportunity to visit local artists and crafts people
- Numerous beach visits with shell gathering and photo opportunities
- Afternoon tea (or ice-cream) at a secluded beach before returning to your accommodation.
- If staying at Whitianga then enjoy a short ferry ride from Whitianga to Ferry Landing. Damian will meet you at Ferry Landing to begin your day’s special exploration
- If staying at Hahei or Tairua then Damian will pick you up from your accommodation.
- Visit the famous Cathedral Cove where two beaches are connected via a limestone archway
- Enjoy a soak at the phenomenal Hot Water Beach
- Picnic lunch at the beach or in the bush
- Bush walk to learn of the native plant’s medicinal qualities and Maori uses.
- Visit old gold mining relics
- See glow worms, cave wetas and many native birds before returning to your accommodation.
Pricing and Inclusions
Pricing for one day option
$875.00 NZD based on two passengers
Includes: Full day of private guiding and lunch
Pricing for two day option
$1,750.00 NZD based on two passengers
Includes: Two days of private guiding and lunch on both days
ACCOMMODATION OPTIONS (not included in tour price)
Hahei Ocean Front Bed and Breakfast – Luxury
Ideally located between the world-renowned Cathedral Cove and Hot Water Beach Hahei Oceanfront is the ultimate in luxury. From its exclusive position on the dune above the beach, it offers unsurpassed Pacific views. It is a contemporary home, completed late 2004, designed to both comfortably house its owners and to offer high quality boutique accommodation to discerning travellers. Truly a special place – once discovered never forgotten.
Driftwood Bed and Breakfast – Deluxe
Situated across the street from the beachfront is Driftwood Lodge. It is the ideal base to explore the beautiful Mercury Bay. It is a new, purpose built B&B offering large rooms with an enjoyable communal guest area with glorious sea views.
When you book our Locals and Landscapes Guide Damien, a Donation of
$10.00 Per Person will be donated to the Project Kiwi Trust. Click the following
link to see how your donation is helping New Zealand Encounters Conservation effort.
Click here to see how your donation will help.