If we tried to list the yachting achievement's of Chad's life there would be no room on the page to describe your day with him. Chad has spent a lifetime cruising the Hauraki Gulf, racing classic yachts and exploring the north eastern coast of New Zealand. He is one of the founders of the Classic Yacht Association of New Zealand and is truly at one with the sea. With all of his experiences he can tell you the stories of the gulf and more especially take you to interesting destinations in corners of the gulf not often visited by the regular boating public. Lady Gay was built as a gentleman's luxury launch in 1935; she has recently come out of an extensive restoration and is now in magnificent condition, as you would expect a launch of that era to be. Her large enclosed cockpit enables a good all round view in the comfort only obtainable on a 46 foot, heavy displacement classic. She is one of New Zealand's priceless maritime antiquities and is protected by the 1975 Antiquities Act of New Zealand.
- Meet Chad at the New Zealand National Maritime Museum on the waterfront; a most appropriate place to begin your day on Lady Gay
- Once aboard your private nautical limousine your voyage begins as you cruise into the Auckland Harbour and out into the Gulf.
- The exploration of the islands of the gulf can start immediately when you go ashore at Rangitoto Island and explore the foreshore of Auckland’s most recent volcano. This unique island was molten lava only 700 years ago
- Or stop off at the Noises Islands for a walk ashore, perhaps explore the caves by inflatable dinghy and possibly gather fresh mussels from the rocks.
- Perhaps the wind and sea conditions favour a cruise to Waiheke Island where a secluded bay allows a shore excursion and a gourmet picnic on the beach.
- The day will be filled with stories of the Hauraki Gulf, it’s formation, exploration of one or two of the islands and the elegant experience of being on a classic beauty that effortlessly glides through the water.
- Chad will not only share fascinating stories of the gulf and the yacht but he will also share with you idyllic places only known to those who are as intimate with the region as Chad.
Please note: Where you go on your day with Chad is completely at the discretion of mother nature. Safety is always first. Winds or sea conditions may require a different trip as described above.
Pricing and Inclusions
$4238.00 NZD based on two passengers
$4475.00 NZD based on four passengers
$4838.00 NZD based on six passengers
All options Include: Full day of private cruising with Chad around the Hauraki Gulf on the classic yacht Lady Gay,
gourmet picnic lunch including boutique beer and excellent New Zealand wines.
When you book our Locals and Landscapes Guide Chad, a Donation of
$10.00 Per Person will be donated to the Supports of Tiritiri Matangi.
Chad has also offered to match this donation.
Click here to see how your Donation will help