Colwyn is a true local to the Bay of Islands. As a descendant from the area he has an in-depth knowledge that can never be learned from a book and has a passion for Maori culture and history which is prominent in Ipipiri (Bay of Islands). He was a local policeman (be good or he will lock you up in the little historic Russell jail) and is a civil marriage celebrant. He has represented New Zealand in sports and truly enjoys sharing his two greatest passions with guests; Maori culture and fishing. He will quickly become a friend for life so leave him a space on the Christmas card list.
- Colwyn will pick you up from your accommodation and transport you to his boat.
- Enjoy a private cruise along the shoreline of Russell and out amongst the many islands that make up the Bay of Islands
- Learn of the rich Maori history of the area
- If sea conditions and weather permits, see the Hole in the Rock and other well known highlights of the area like the lighthouse and Cape Brett
- Land on one of the islands for a walk and optional snorkel
- Enjoy a gourmet picnic on a remote beach or an island
- Take pleasure in one of New Zealand’s favourite pastimes; fishing
- Drop off your fresh catch of the day so it can be smoked for your afternoon epicurean delight
- Visit an oyster farm to learn of the operation and pick up some fresh oysters
- The day’s special excursion ends with freshly smoked ﬁsh, oysters and a glass of wine while listening to Colwyn’s stories
Pricing and Inclusions
Pricing for one day option
$1,125.00 NZD based on two passengers
Includes: Full day of private cruising around the Bay of Islands, gourmet picnic lunch, late afternoon
When you book our Locals and Landscapes Guide Colwyn a Donation
of $10.00 per person will be donated to The Kororaraka Marae Society,
helping New Zealand Encounters in our Conservation Efforts in New Zealand.
Click here to see how your Donation will help